Asian Cooking Stock
This recipe is based on a combination of many of the Asian stock recipes I've seen, and tested. Believe me, it's worth the time and effort.
3 – 4 pounds pork neck bones
2 – 3 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
2 large sweet onions (quartered)
4 cloves garlic
3 Tbs salt
3 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs Ajinomoto
- Place Pork and Chicken in 4-6 quart stock pot and cover with
- Bring to a boil for about 5 minutes (this will remove blood and
other unwanted debris).
- Drain water and clean out pot.
- Remove skin from chicken and use in a different dish.
- Once again place pork and chicken in pot and add onion,
ginger, garlic, salt, sugar, Ajinomoto, cover with
desired amount of water and slowly bring to boil.
- Lower and simmer for 3½ to 4 hours. (If you see debris, remove
it using a fine mesh strainer or a sieve made from cheese
cloth). Remember, the flavor and intensity will develop over
- The result should be a clear multi-layer flavored broth.
If you’re like me and live in a part of the country where there is no Asian store, then click here and visit my shopping page for Asian supplies/equipment.