This recipe is for making a Pot Roast in a slow cooker. The cooking time will depend on the size of the roast and the slow cooker. My cooking time was about five hours.
- 3½ lb. Chuck Roast
- 3-5 Carrots (peeled)
- 3 lb. Bag Small Golden (yellow) Potatoes
- 1 Sweet Onion (halved and julienned)
- 3 Baby Bella Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 pkg. Fresh Green Beans (optional)
- 1 Can Mushroom Soup (only use half the water)
- Worcestershire Sauce to taste
- I use slow cooker liners for easy cleanup.
- Add salt and pepper and Worcestershire Sauce to both sides of Chuck Roast and then place in a large
pan on medium high heat and Brown on all sides. Remove roast from pan and keep renderings.
- Remove ends of green beans. Sauté carrots, onions mushrooms and green beans in roast renderings.
- Place potatoes on bottom of slow cooker and then the vegetables, followed by the steak. Top it off with
can of mushroom soup mixed with half the normal amount of water.
- Cook for 4 to 6 hours. Remove at desired doneness, plate and serve.
If you’re like me and live in a part of the country where there is no Asian store, then click here and visit my shopping page for Asian supplies/equipment.