- 5 Mangos (1” cubes)
- 1 29oz can peaches (1” cubes)
- 1 cup white granulated sugar & 1 Tbs cinnamon sugar mixed
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 Tbs cinnamon sugar
- Pour peach juice from can into a large bowl.
- Cut mangos and peaches into 1” cubes and place in the same bowl.
- Mix all ingredients except cornstarch & 2 Tbs cinnamon sugar in bowl.
- Heat frying pan to med-high and Pour ingredients from bowl into pan.
- Cook until juices from fruit is reduced about 90%.
- Sprinkle corn starch over mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and allow thoroughly jell.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg yoke
- Place flour and butter in a large bowl and mix with hands as thoroughly as possible.
- Pour remaining ingredients in dough and knead to mix.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour on flat surface.
- Pour dough onto surface and knead for two minutes.
- Roll dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and unwrap dough. Place ball onto flat surface and roll with rolling pin until dough
is about ¼” thick.
- Cut dough into 6” X 4” rectangles
- Place 1 heaping Tbs of filling in center of dough and press all sides together forming a pouch.
- Use a fork to seal edges.
- You can either use a frying pan with about ½” of vegetable oil
or a deep fryer to fry empanadas.
- Fry until Golden Brown and delicious and dough is cooked through.
- Remove, Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar on empanadas and allow to cool.
- Serve and enjoy
If you’re like me and live in a part of the country where there is no Asian store, then click here and visit my shopping page for Asian supplies/equipment.