Blackened Mahi Mahi
Mahi Mahi is the Hawaiian name for Dorado or Dolphin (fish). There are many ways to prepare this fish that are outstanding and I will be presenting more than just this one. This one is just the easiest one to do.
- 2 Mahi-Mahi steaks (frozen or fresh)
- Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
(enough to completely coat both sides)
- Blackened seasoning (found at any foodstore)
Enough to completely coat both sides
- 2 Tbs cooking oil
- If frozen, thaw fish in refrigerator
- Pat dry with paper towels
- Coat entire surface of all steaks with softened butter
- Thickly coat all surfaces with Blackened Seasoning
- In a medium pan, heat oil on medium high heat. When oil is hot, carefully arrange fish steaks so they
don’t touch and do not crowd the pan.
- Cook until butter is melted, seasoning forms a light crust and steaks are flaky.
- Plate and enjoy
If you’re like me and live in a part of the country where there is no Asian store, then click here and visit my shopping page for Asian supplies/equipment.