This is one of the most satisfying dishes originating in the U.S. It has found its way not only in home cooking, but in restaurants, cafés and to TV Dinners. It's usually served with vegetables and/or potatoes and covered with a brown or white gravy or sauce.
- 2 lbs ground beef (80/20)
- ½ white onion (chopped)
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 2 Tbs Panko (bread crumbs)
- ¼ cup ½ and ½
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients together well and let sit for an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350°
3. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil (for easy clean-up) and
Place a rack on pan.
4. Form meat into approximately six equal patties and place
patties on rack without touching.
5. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. (Cook until middle is 160°)
6. Remove and plate.
* Recipe for Mushroom Gravy is here