Bang Bang Shrimp
This is a Chinese/American dish. Or in other words, it's a Chinese style dish that was invented in the U.S. I first tasted it in the '80s when I lived in Hawaii.
Easiest Bang Bang Shrimp recipe ever
- 1 box frozen breaded popcorn shrimp (I use SeaPak brand)
- 1 large carrot (sliced on a bias)
- 1 large head broccoli
- 3 tbs Mayonnaise
- 1-3 Tbs Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tbs Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Shaoxing Wine
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup sugar
- If you wish, you can cook your own breaded and fried shrimp
- Mix Mayonnaise, Sriracha Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce and Shaoxing Wine
together and set aside. (I use these proportions and increase them as needed for number of servings)
- Bake shrimp following directions on box/package.
- Thin slice carrots on a bias until desired amount is reached.
- Cut broccoli florets to desired size.
- Place ¼ cup sugar in 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil broccoli for 15 to 20 seconds, remove from heat and reserve.
- Boil carrots for about 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- When shrimp is cooked, remove to plates.
- Place carrots and broccoli around plate in desired pattern
- Drizzle desired amount of sauce over shrimp, serve and enjoy.
If you’re like me and live in a part of the country where there is no Asian store, then click here and visit my shopping page for Asian supplies/equipment.