PANCIT (with fish balls)
My wife's family owned and operated a curbside restaurant in Cebu, Philippines.This is a simple but very
tasty recipe she brought to the U.S. with her. She usually uses Sweet Chinese Sausage. However, shrimp
and/or Andouille Sausage (or any other choice of protein may be substituted.
1 pkg Sweet Chinese Sausage (cut on a bias)
1 pkg Fish balls
3 pkg pancit noodles (rinsed)
¼ large red onion (coarse chop)
2 tsp minced garlic
4 cabbage leaves (large chop)
¼ cup Asian cooking stock
2 tbs Soy sauce
½ tsp Ajinomoto
1 tbs Ginisa Mix
Black or white pepper (to taste)
2 Tbs Vegetable oil
1 tsp butter
- Remember Chef Jet Tila’s #1 rule when stir-frying, keep the food moving
1. Put oil in wok and Heat to shimmering – then add butter.
2. Put Sweet Chinese Sausage and Fish Balls in wok and stir-fry until sausage is red.
3. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
4. Sprinkle on soy sauce, Ajinomoto, and Ginisa Mix, salt & pepper and stir-fry.
5. Add stock, Pancit Noodles and mix.
6. Mix in cabbage , cover, reduce heat and steam for about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve.
If you’re like me and live in a part of the country where there is no Asian store, then click here and visit my shopping page for Asian supplies/equipment on Amazon.com.