Loco Moco is the original of the "Mocos". Many variations have evolved over the years, but they're just different combinations of flavors of awesome.
- 1 egg
- 1 hamburger patty
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 pkg brown gravy or homemade brown gravy *(recipe below)
- ¼ to ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Cook rice in rice cooker (according to directions with cooker)
- Follow directions below for homemade gravy or directions on package of mix.
- Cook Hamburger patty in small pan on medium heat.
- Cook over easy egg on medium low heat. Take your time, be patient and egg will come out perfect.
- When gravy is done, leave it on low temp.
- To plate, put rice in bowl, then hamburger, followed by cheese, cover those with brown gravy and
lastly, place sunny side up egg on top.
- When egg is done, place on top of gravy and enjoy.
- 2 cups beef stock or drippings
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream/half & half
- Whisk together the beef stock, cornstarch, onion powder, soy sauce and Better Than Bouillon Beef
Base in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally, and cook until slightly thickened, about 1
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the heavy cream/half & half.
If you’re like me and live in a part of the country where there is no Asian store, then click here and visit my shopping page for Asian supplies/equipment.